Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First ride(s)

It's late so I'll have to keep this short, but the DMV waiver came yesterday and I've been out three times since -- once to get gas (the station attendant was frightened and made me pump it, despite it being full service - fine with me!), once to get inspected, and once to go visit some friends.

A badass looking dude on a cruiser gave me the peace-sign/two-fingered wave as he passed in front of me while I was at a light on Park Avenue. I waved back, and he almost looked surprised, like -- "sportbike guy waved back at me?" -- and then satisfied. Badass cruiser Park Avenue dude, you were my first MC wave. I salute you, and then quickly grab my security blanket front brake.

Tonight I took the West Side Highway up from 20th street to 96th street - my first time at about 50 miles an hour.

Lots more of that this weekend. If I'm still alive next week, I'll have a lot to say, and some pictures (I hope!)

No comments: